- This event has passed.
SCQR Training Day June 19, 2020
June 19, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
When: Friday, June 19, 2020, 9am – 11:30am
This session comprises two parts: live Zoom sessions on the morning of Friday June 19th, and two pre-recorded video presentations. Video recordings of all sessions are available below.
We will offer Performance Index points to SCQRs who view all four sessions, to replace the points you would have received for attending the cancelled March meeting.
Agenda: is available here.
Speakers: Biographies of all of our presenters are available here.
- MSQC Business and QI Updates, Kathy Bishop MHSA and Jami Boyd BSN RN
- Evidence-based Strategies for Improving and Sustaining Uptake of Perioperative Pain Management Best Practices, Christine Anderson, PhD, RN
- Self-care, Wellness and Burnout Prevention in Unprecedented Times, Keith Carlson, BSN, RN, NC-BC
- Video (50 mins. Note: small glitch at ~10mins, resolves quickly)
- Surgical Pain Management: Procedure Specific Evidence, Melanie Simpson, PhD, RN-BC, OCN, CHPN
- SCQR and Hernia Surgery: Everything you wanted to know, but were too afraid to ask, Richard Burney, MD
- Video: Main Presentation (1 hr 6 mins)
- Video: Operative Report Review 1 – Epigastric, Umbilical and Incisional Hernia (8 mins)
- Video: Operative Report Review 2 – Inguinal Hernia (3 mins)
- Document: Hernia Operative Reports
- Practice Makes Perfect – Companion Worksheet for Dr. Burney’s presentation (PDF)
- Slides (PDF)
- Closing Remarks, Rhonda Rogers BSN RN
- Video (7 mins)
CMEs and Performance Index Points
We will offer Performance Index points to all SCQRs who view all four sessions. Once you have attended or viewed all four sessions, please complete an evaluation of the sessions to confirm completion and claim your CME/CEU credits.
Completion of this evaluation will also be your proof of attendance so that we can award Performance Index points. The deadline for completing this process is July 31, 2020 in order to receive the points.
Office Hours with Dr. Burney
To follow up Dr Burney’s Hernia presentation we have arranged two Zoom “office hour” sessions.
If, after reviewing all the materials and worksheets, you have any questions for Dr Burney and the MSQC team, please join us for one of these sessions using the link above (no registration required).
Tuesday June 23, 1pm-2pm
Tuesday June 30 1pm-2pm