MSQC Care Pathway Development
MSQC, with its members, have developed care pathways for colon surgery, hernia, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, hysterectomy, and Whipple. As a collaborative we have identified the most effective care pathways across our state and will help hospitals implement these evidence based best practices.
Colectomy Care Pathway
MSQCs Colectomy Care Pathway was implemented in 16 MSQC hospitals as part of the 2019 MSQC P4P QI Initiatives. The pathway includes evidence based practices for colorectal cancer care.
- Colectomy Care Pathway – PDF (updated March 2022)
- Colectomy Care Pathway – Excel (updated March 2022)
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Care Pathway
MSQCs lap chole quality improvement targets have been identified as reducing ED visits, opioid free procedures, and reducing unnecessary imaging.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Care Pathway – Excel (2019)
Hernia Repair Care Pathway
MSQCs Hernia Repair Care Pathway quality improvement targets include preoperative patient optimization, multimodal pain management and opioid sparing protocols, instituting a synoptic op note to include common nomenclature that will allow examination of intraoperative practices.
Based on collaborative feedback at our 2019 December Meeting Hernia Breakout Session, a synoptic op note was drafted and later finalized.
- Hernia Repair Care Pathway – PDF (updated March 2022)
- Hernia Repair Care Pathway – Excel (updated March 2022)
- Hernia Synoptic Op Note with EPIC Guide
Hysterectomy Care Pathway
MSQCs Hysterectomy Care Pathway was developed during our Hysterectomy Quality Improvement Workshop on May 17th 2019. Slides and documents from that meeting are available here.
The MSQC Hysterectomy Care Pathway template is available here:
- Hysterectomy Care Pathway – PDF (updated March 2022)
- Hysterectomy Care Pathway – Excel (updated March 2022)
Whipple Care Pathway
During a workshop at the October 2019 MSQC Conference, several surgeons collaborated to share best and evidence-based practices to develop the MSQC Whipple Care Pathway.